1 - Samuel EVERLY
sp- Margaret HOARD
2 - John EVERLY
Born - 1802 VA
Died - 1879/1880 Ironton, Lawrence, OH
Note - John Everly
John's father was Captain Samuel Everly of the Monongalia Militia. He was the grandson of Simeon (Simson?) (1762-1846) Everly one of the first settlers in Granville (below Morgantown) in 1814.
John and Julia lived 3/4 of a mile south of Ice's Ferry Pike, to the east of
Morgantown, WV. He was a cooper by trade and made nail kegs at his shop at the
mouth of Maple Run.
They had four children.
The Everlys moved to Ohio in 1845.
(Source: Easton-Avery Community History - 1963, p. 81)
Problem: One source gives the birth as 1802 and another 1804, VA. Date of death also may not be correct as 1879.
The Everlys remained in Monongalia, WV until shortly after 1850. Then they
removed to Scioto County, OH, Green Twp., where Julia's brother, Lot, was
living. In 1870, they had moved to Lawrence County, OH and evidently John
Everly died in the area of Ironton, OH between 1870 and 1880.
Problem: One source gave the date of birth as 1804, VA and death as 1870-1880, OH.
Census: 1840 in Monongalia Co., WV.
Census: 1850 missing.
Census: 1860 in Scioto Co., OH, Green Twp., Wheelersburg
Census: 1870 in Lawrence Co., OH, Elizabeth Twp.
sp- Julia Ann HENTHORN
Born - Abt 1816 Monongalia, VA
Mar. - 1 Nov 1832 Monongalia, VA
Dau of Henry HENTHORN & Sarah RIDGEWAY
- 3 - Sarah Ann EVERLY - Born - 1834 VA
- 3 - James EVERLY - Born - 1835 VA
- 3 - Margaret EVERLY - Born - 1837 VA
- 3 - Mary EVERLY - Born - 1841 VA
- 3 - Amanda EVERLY - Born - 1848 VA
- 3 - Malinda EVERLY - Born - 1845 VA
- 3 - Lot EVERLY - Born - 1851 OH; Note - Census: 1880 in Lawrence Co., OH, Elizabeth Twp.; OCCUPATION: Lot Everly was an ore miner.
sp- Bertha UNKNOWN
Born - Abt 1851 OH
- 4 - Julia EVERLY - Born - Abt 1872 OH
- 4- James EVERLY - Born - Abt 1873 OH
- 4 - Edwinna EVERLY - Born - Abt 1875 OH
- 4 - Charles EVERLY - Born - Abt 1877 OH
- 4 - Sarah EVERLY - Born - Abt 1880 OH
Note - BIRTH: Sarah Everly was 7 months old at the time the 1880 census was taken.
- 3 - George EVERLY - Born - 1854 OH
Note - Census: 1880 in Lawrence Co., OH, Elizabeth Twp.
sp- Alice UNKNOWN - Born - Abt 1855 OH
- 4 - John EVERLY - Born - Abt 1877 OH
- 4 - Sadie EVERLY- Born - Abt 1880 OH
Note - BIRTH: Sadie Everly was 4 months old at the time of the 1880 census.
- 3 - John EVERLY - Born - 1859 OH
Note - OCCUPATION: John Everly was an ore miner.
CENSUS: He was married at the time of the 1880 census and his 66 year old
mother, Julia, was living with them.
Census: 1880 in Lawrence Co., OH, Elizabeth Twp.
sp- Elizabeth UNKNOWN
Born - Abt 1863
- 4 - George EVERLY - Born - Abt 1880
Note - BIRTH: George Everly was 8 months old at the time of the 1880 census.
From the Personal Ancestral Files of:
Richard E. Henthorn