Here are the steps:
- Create a GEDCOM file of the RootsMagic3 file to be converted
- Create a folder on the receiving computer called, GEDCOMin
- Use the GBridge program to link my two computers and copy the GEDCOM file from the desktop to the laptop computer.
- Input the GEDCOM file to RootsMagic6 to create the new version of the file on the laptop
- Input the Preparer information in the new file
I'm still not clear on how to use the GBridge program on the two computers. That is to say, I can get it to work, but I can't explain how it works to anyone else.
27 January 2014