Friday, April 11, 2008

Daniel Kyger - Will

PROBATE: Will of Daniel Kyger

I Daniel Kyger of the County of Vermilion and State of Illinois now haveing perfect mind and memory considering the uncertainty of this mortal life and the certainty of death do now make and declare this to be my last Will and Testament in manner and form following to wit:

1st that all my just debts be paid

2- I give unto my daughter Nancy Suel C- Briggs one dollar

3- I give and bequeath unto my daughter Hannah Kyger thirty-five acres of land of the North end of the East half of the South East quarter of Section 22- and also twenty acres of the North end of the East half of the South West quarter of Section 22 - in Range Eleven W - township No. Eighteen North

4th I give unto my son John Kyger one dollar

5th I give unto my daughter Sidney Walton one dollar

6- I give unto my son James Kyger fifty dollars

7- I give unto my son Henry Kyger one hundred dollars

8- I give unto my daughter Brooky Morgan sixty dollars

9- I give unto my daughter Eliza Sheets one dollar

10th- I give unto my daughter Maryan Kirkpatrick one dollar

11- I give unto my daughter Marmaduke seventy dollars

12- I give unto my son Dan Kyger one hundred and fifty dollars

13th I give and bequeath unto son Adam Kyger forty acres of land of the South end of the East half of the South East quarter of Section 22 - also forty acres of the south end of the West half of the South East quarter of Section twenty-two also sixty acres of the South end of the East half of the South West quarter of Section twenty-two all in Range Eleven West township No. 18 N

14th I give unto my daughter Manurve Kyger one hundred and fifty dollars

Now whereas I have given unto my daughter Hannah Kyger and my son Adam Kyger certain tracts of land my will and wish is for them to pay unto my Executor the sum of five hundred and eighty five dollars that is Hannah to pay one hundred and ninety-five dollars and Adam three hundred and ninety dollars which will enable my executor to pay all the sums I give unto my other named children my will and wish is for Hannah and Adam to pay this money yearly each in proportion to their sum that is one hundred dollars a year until paid, my wish is for all my personal property to be at the disposal of my wife Anna Kyger

I also appoint my son John Kyger my Executor to this my will now revoking all former wills by me made Signed and Sealed and Executed in the presence of Jacob Brazelton and William Stowers on this 7th day of March in the year of our Lord AD - 1837
Attest Daniel Kyger {seal}
Jacob Brazelton
his
William + Stowers
mark
Whereas I Daniel Kyger the above testament have heretofore given my children certain property and that now when my will is executed and settled and paid that I have made an equal distribution amongst my children. Dan Kyger


REFERENCE: Additional information on the Kyger family can be found in Mrs. Fedorchak's column of 12 Feb 1970.


CEMETERY: The McKendree Cemetery is located, 3 miles east and 1 mile north of Georgetown, Vermilion, IL. This area lies in what was once Georgetown Twp. it became known as McKendree Twp. Abt. 1912.
(Information provided by Nancy Michael)

No comments: