Try to record information on 5 life events:
For each life event try to obtain:
- the date of the event
- the city/town
In the case of burials, also record the name of the cemetery.
When someone marries into the line, record the name of their parents (maiden name for the mother).
Newspaper clippings about weddings, anniversaries, deaths, and other events in people's lives, along with short stories and recollections written by family members are good sources for genealogy information and the text of these articles can be entered in the note field for each person.
Consider writing a few paragraphs about yourself, your spouse, your parents, and grandparents to include in the "Note" field for each person. Things that I think might be of interest are:
- where did they grow up
- where did they live
- what schools did they attend
- did they have military service and if so, with what units, what rank did they hold
- where, when did they met their spouse
- what did they do for a living
- what was their religious affiliation
- what organizations did they belong to
- did they receive any awards or citations
- did they ever serve in public office
- what significant events occurred in their lives