Monday, March 24, 2008

Recollections and Comments About Jackson Genealogy

Retired FBI agent, Albert Geddes Macdonald, wrote a document Jackson genealogy. I don’t remember when I obtained a copy or who shared it with me. Years ago I typed each section as a separate file. In March 2008 I discovered all of the files when I was reviewing some unlabeled floppy discs. I combined all of the files into what I thought was the best order, added section headings and made a few corrections of typos and spelling errors.

I assume Mr. Macdonald was living in Florida at the time he wrote the piece. From one sentence in the piece we can deduct that it was written sometime after he moved to Florida in 1966.

Here’s the bibliography item for the document that I wrote and placed on my website years ago.

Macdonald, Albert G. (Geddes) Descendants of Hugh and Mary Jackson, Sr. and related families - Craft, Dunaway, Fuller, Henthorn, and McCleary. undated and unpaged.

Contents: Hugh Jackson Sr. came from Ireland about 1750, and settled in Maryland.

Includes: Jackson, Craft, Dunaway, Fuller, Henthorn, McCleary. Includes index.

Source: LDS Library at Salt Lake City, UT, Call Number: 929.273 A1 no. 3617 - USMB US/CAN Book, Also on 1 35mm microfilm - FHL US/CAN Film [0874260, item 4]; DAR Library, Washington, DC; Maryland Genealogical Society; Chester County Historical Society, West Chester, PA; Hagerstown Library, Hagerstown, MD; Ottawa Library, Ottawa, IA; Peabody Library, Baltimore, MD; Streator Library, Streator, IL; Uniontown Library, Uniontown, PA; Wisconsin Historical Library, Madison, WI; Pennsylvania State Library; Illinois State Library; Carnegie Library, Pittsburgh, PA; Genealogical Society of Utah; Mr. Richard E. Henthorn's personal possession.

The genealogy, comments and recollections are of interest to anyone working on the genealogy of the Jackson, Henthorn or Thompson families.

Note Mr. Macdonald states that the Jacksons came from Ireland. Anyone working on Henthorn genealogy should consider whether this is where the idea that James and John Henthorn came from Ireland might have originated.

Richard E. Henthorn, Hyattsville, MD, 24 Mar 2008

No comments: