Friday, October 17, 2014

Transcript: makes transcribing easier

JacobBoerema.nl: Transcript: makes transcribing easier:

Here's a link to the website for the program: Transcript.

I'm trying out the program to see if it will be useful for transcribing information from scanned images.  I like to include typed text from documents in the Notes of my genealogy files.

The program displays the scanned image in the top half of the screen and you type in the bottom half. You can Zoom in on an image and you can change the contrast.  Bold face, italics, underlining and so on are supported.

I tested the program by typing the information about a log cabin at Blue Springs, NE that I found on the Facebook.  I was pleased with my first experience. I shared what I typed on Facebook where I found the image and in my own family's Group.

Dick Henthorn
17 October 2014

'via Blog this'

No comments: