Tuesday, October 7, 2014

GenViewer

I've used a "free" copy of the program GenViewer Lite for many years to view genealogy GEDCOM files without loading them into my genealogy program.

I decided that I would like to own a copy of the full-blown version which includes options to create PDF and HTML files and additional functional Tabs.  Today, 7 October 2014,  I ordered the program for $19.95.  I'm waiting for the Email with the "code" to unlock the 15-day trial version of the full-blown program.

I had Windows set up to start GenViewer Lite any time I open a file with the .GED file extension. I changed my Windows settings to point to the version I'm buying so it will open the GEDCOM files, thus granting me access to all of the program options.

I plan to write again after I learn more about the new options.  I took a look at the program Help information.  At first glance it looks very comprehensive.  There is also a User Guide.

MudCreek Software

File Search Feature

Dick Henthorn
7 October 2014
Revised: 8 October 2014

No comments: