Thursday, April 23, 2009

High-Speed Internet Connection


At long last I decided to get a high-speed Internet connection. We chose to sign up with Verizon FIOS for their three-piece bundle. The installation was done on Tuesday April 21, 2009. There are still some issues with the TV installation.

The phone and the Internet seem to be working. While I used the phone to connect to the Internet there were always problems including photographs in my blog postings. Today it took only seconds to include the photograph of me that you see with this posting.

Included in the Internet part of the bundle is 10Mb of webspace. This is good news. I was disappointed in October 2008 when AOL dropped support for free webspace and I lost my genealogy website that I'd made available for many years. As time and health permit I hope to build another website.

I'll keep you posted here when there's progress.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: