Monday, January 15, 2018

Ice Family Project

Ice Family Project


Working on a big Ice family project today. A while back an undated, typed, family history of four pages was shared on Facebook. It was written by Charles Lee Ice. Very difficult to read because the ribbon was probably old when the piece was written. I used Google Voice Typing to read the document out loud. The results left a lot to be desired. Next I used my text editor to compare my product with the original to do the clean up edits. In the next step I will attempt to post the contents of the document to my genealogy file. I'm considering posting the entire piece to the record of Charles Lee Ice as well as posting pieces to the records of people I can identify. The final step will be to share my readable version of the document to the Ice page on Facebook. I'm leaving this step until last in case I discover errors that I made. Recently I was asked why I type obituaries. I type documents because I want to be able to read them and I want to be able to incorporate them into my genealogy databases. And, I like sharing.

Dick Henthorn
15 Jan 2018

No comments: