Friday, December 29, 2017

The Computer Backup Rule of Three - Scott Hanselman

The Computer Backup Rule of Three - Scott Hanselman:

Recently the screen on my laptop went black a couple of times after the hard drive had been working hard for a couple of hours.  One Wednesday night I was watching streaming video of the concert, Music City Roots from Franklin, TN, near Nashville. Those incidents got me thinking and talking about the fact that the laptop could give up the ghost at anytime.

Here's an interesting post that showed up today on Facebook, with additional comments from some of the folks who read the piece. I think the author makes some good points. He certainly raised my awareness about how vulnerable I am, at this moment, to a computer disaster.

All of us should consider implementing a sounder computer backup strategy in 2018.

Dick Henthorn
29 Dec 2018

'via Blog this'

No comments: