Monday, January 5, 2015

RootsMagic7

Genealogy Program Update

Today, 5 January 2015, I purchased and installed a downloaded version of RootsMagic7 on my computer.  I allowed the install process to remove RootsMagic6 from the computer which was recommended for those who don't consider themselves "Advanced Users."

A new User's Key was supplied.  This time I was careful to record it on a 3x5 card and to print out the Email page and store it in a notebook. The key is needed to install the program.  It is also needed if you want to install a copy of the program on a USB thumb drive which I intend to do with this version.

Before I made the purchase I called RootsMagic and discussed several of my concerns about the program.  My biggest concern is that RootsMagic6 often locked up when I was working with my two largest files, one with 84,000 records and the other with 245,000 records.  I wasn't happy about the answers I received.  That's probably why I put off calling them for many months.

Dick Henthorn
5 January 2015

No comments: