Monday, August 25, 2014

RootsMagic Learning Curve


Recently I acquired a huge GEDCOM file with information about the descendants of Ralph Higginbotham and Mary Henthorn.  While working with this information I've been learning more about how RootsMagic works and how to use it.  It's challenging.  For several weeks I've been considering posting here about some of my experiences.  Today I decided to stop thinking about it, and just do it.

I'm Facebook friends with the programmer of RootsMagic, Bruce Buzbee.  In response to a comment I made Bruce suggested that I might avoid duplication problems if I created a "new" genealogy file for the records of people that I intend to copy to my own file.  That way it is easy to carry out any necessary edits and it is easy to understand the scope of the branch that I'm working on. Good advice, that I've used to my advantage several times in the last couple of weeks.

BTW, does anyone remember who were the parents of this Mary Henthorn?  Can we cite a source?

Dick Henthorn
25 Aug 2014

No comments: