Friday, March 2, 2018

WikiSpaces Closing


WikiSpaces Closing

Yesterday, while at the Senior Center to attend the twice-monthly Bowie Seniors Computer Club meeting I was using one of the two public computers in the hallway for a half-hour session.

The first thing I noticed was that a lady had been using Gmail and left the computer without signing off. She left over 4,000 Email messages open to public view. I was able to quickly figure out how to sign her off.

Next, I noticed a message from WikiSpaces. They announced that they will be shutting down the business in 2018 in a phased manner.  This will have an impact on me. In January I paid them $100 for a yearly subscription for the web space where I share lots of my genealogy information. I didn't determine how long I have to save my work. I didn't see this coming.


If you are interested in downloading anything I share on WikiSpaces or if you want to record any of the Links to other content that I share, now is the time to take action.


At this point, I haven't had enough time to think about what I want to do next. Building a website isn't a trivial matter, it takes many hours. If you have any proven suggestions that have worked for you I'm interested in what you have to say.

Dick Henthorn
2 Mar 2018

No comments: