Monday, March 27, 2017

Find A Grave Corrections

This evening I took a look at the messages I've received on Find A Grave.

I've received many responses to messages I sent pointing out typos, inconsistencies and errors in the hundreds of memorials I have visited since I became a member. I'm pleased to report that almost everyone graciously acknowledged my comments and many indicated that they made the necessary changes.

A couple of respondents pointed out that I could make the changes myself using the Edit tab. I haven't learned how to do that yet. I'm uncomfortable changing the work of someone else unless I am in contact with them. Apparently, the way it works is the person who finds the error makes the correction and then it's forwarded to the person in charge of the memorial for review and approval. This speeds up the process and relieves the workload on those managing the memorials. Maybe I'll try that next time. There are always things to learn.

Dick Henthorn
27 Mar 2017

No comments: