CHARLES CURTIS CONGER 1851 married Abbie Grant, niece of Ulysses S. Grant.
There is no source citation. As of September 2014 I wasn't able to find any information on the Internet that would support this relationship.
Here's what I know:
- Charles Curtis Conger was born on 23 Jan 1851 in Oneida, Knox Co., IL.
- Abigail "Abby or Abbie" Adelia Grant was born on 21 Apr 1853.
- The couple had two children: Norma Grant Conger and Clara Hurd Conger.
- Ulysses S. Grant was a Civil War General and later President of the United States.
- U.S. Grant had two brothers: Samuel Simpson Grant and Orville Lynch Grant. It appears that Samuel might not have married. Orville married but I didn't see any children listed.
Here's my Conger Research Challenge.
- Link Abigail Adelia Grant to one of the brothers of U.S. Grant.
- Provide the name of Abigail's mother.
- Cite sources to prove the link.