Friday, July 3, 2020

Data Recovery Project

Data Recovery Project


My next data recovery project will be for the family of William David Henthorn and Susannah Parrott of Vermillion Co., IN. William David Henthorn was the son of James Henthorn II and Elizabeth Unknown.

Currently I do most of my genealogy using a file that I named "pafyoh." This file contains thousands of records. 

My goal is to copy all Henthorn(e) data from an older file "PAFBIG" to the newer "pafyoh" file. As part of this project edits must first be done to the older file records.

Edits such as:
  • Correct place names from West Virginia to Virginia, if prior to 1863
  • Add each person's name to the top of their Note field
  • Add PARENTS: to the Note field of the children, if a child Note field exists
  • Enter Find A Grave Memorial numbers, if possible
  • Remove periods (.) that were used in the Note fields to leave blank lines been paragraphs when I used the Personal Ancestral File (PAF) for genealogy. [What a mess that made.]
Dick Henthorn
3 July 2020


No comments: