Tuesday, April 14, 2015

150th Anniversary of the Assassination of President Lincoln

Today, 14 Apr 2015, marks the 150th anniversary of the assassination of President Lincoln at Ford's Theater in Washington, DC.

Everton Conger played a role in tracking down John Wilkes Booth.  Here's what Wikipedia has to say about the part he played.

Everton Conger

Here are links to other articles I posted in the past.

Everton Judson Conger

Everton Judson Conger

Everton Judson Conger

Here's the FindAGrave link

[Note: I noticed that there is a broken link to one of my Conger reports included in the Wikipedia article. What a surprise!  [I didn't post that link.] I'll need to do some review to determine if I can fix this problem.  Perhaps an ancestor report for Everton Conger would be more appropriate.]

Dick Henthorn
14 April 2015

No comments: