- They remained connected to their heritage.
- They saw their place in history and gained perspective from it.
- They were able to honor and pay respect to their forefathers.
- They saw their lineage as a family blessing and passed on their blessing.
- They used their heritage to provide a sense of stability for their children.
- They sensed tendencies of ancestral giftedness and calling.
- They could retain their identity even when exiled to a foreign land.
(John C. Maxwell, Leadership, 1 September)
28 November 2013