Sunday, September 2, 2012

Pet Peeves


I've been involved in genealogy for many years.

During that time I've developed some pet peeves that never seem to be far from the back of my mind.

  1. When you contact someone to ask for their help be certain you identify yourself  by stating your full name and writing a little about the information you have and the information you seek. In my opinion, if you are not willing to provide your name and contact information you probably shouldn't expect to get much help or even a reply.
  2. The first time you ask for information it is never a good idea to use the phrase, "Send me everything you've got." 
  3. Be sure you know how to spell genealogy before you attempt to use that word in anything you write.

It's always a good idea, when requesting information, that you offer to share what you have.

No comments: